Need help? Call police on 101.


Child sexual exploitation (CSE) is when a child or young person is pressurised, forced, or tricked into taking part in any type of sexual activity with an adult or young person. It can happen face to face or online.


If someone has sex with someone who is under the age of 16 they are breaking the law and should be reported.

CSE can happen to anyone; boys and girls of any ethnicity, religion, background and whether you're gay or straight. It's never the young person's fault and it is not ok.


If you think that this might be happening to you or someone you know then it's important you speak out. Speak to someone you trust; a parent, carer, or teacher, and if you feel that there is no-one you can talk to then speak to one of the organisations on our get help page .

Some of them you can contact completely anonymously. They won't judge you and they will be able to help.

In an emergency you should always call 999. This includes if yours, or someone else's life is at risk, or if a crime is in progress. There are also a number of ways you can report a concern.


Being offered gifts or money in exchange for sexual activity

Being blackmailed into sexual activity by someone threatening to share photos of you online

When a person uses their position of authority (ie your teacher, youth worker etc.) to get you to have sexual activity with them

Someone who forces you to have sex with them or with their friends

Someone taking advantage of you and making you do things you don't want to do

Being made to do something to yourself or to someone else that feels uncomfortable or wrong. This could be online or face to face.